Sponsored by Fanslide
If you’ve ever watched a match live and wanted to have more of these players in your Fantasy Premier League (FPL) roster, Fanslide is the game for you.
Played live on unique matches, this unique new game allows you to have them all, just at different times. Created by a group of football-loving London friends, Fanslide’s “Fantasy Football” is free to play and is already a big hit with fans.
How to play Fanslide
You can select three players at a time, “insert” them when you think they’re about to impact the game – whether that’s scoring a goal or winning tackles, blocking shots, etc
Time should be managed wisely, with each player having a maximum of 20 minutes. You can drop players in and out whenever you want, either based on how you read the match or to save unused time for later in the game.
You get three free slides per half, but the rest will cost two points unless it’s due to timeout. The full rules are here.
How to score points
Players earn single, double or triple points depending on where you swipe them, with live Opta data displayed on a vidiprinter to show which players are earning and losing points for their actions.
Compared to FPL, there are many other ways to gain or lose points.
So if Mohamed Salah is in the ‘x3’ box and scores a goal, say hello to 60 points! Meanwhile, three Bournemouth defenders who don’t concede in the first 20 minutes will pick up 30 clean sheet points plus whatever they earn for defensive actions.
A goalkeeper who makes three saves in the first 20 minutes without conceding will earn three points for each, plus five for the clean sheet for a total of 14.
“Fanslide adds a whole new layer of excitement when you watch football on TV. It’s immersive and interactive and as you compete against your friends and the rest of the world, you also see the game from a different perspective, noticing the players and their contributions in a new way.
“We wanted to create a better way to add excitement to football than just betting on it, and with Fanslide you can use your knowledge and reading of the game to win. If you want to deposit and bet on the outcome of your games, you can choose to do so in a safe and sustainable way, but Fanslide is and always will be a free game. – founder Joe Cocozza
When first visiting the app, users are directed to the Fanslide Acadamy to learn more about how to play the game. It includes some tips and tricks, such as:
- Be patient. Don’t just drag out the best players at the start.
- Use your three free slides per half to make tactical changes.
- Use the weaker team’s defenders early – if they last 20 minutes you’ll get a good shot and still have premium assets for later.
- Wingers score a lot of points for winning corners and dribbles, but check what position they are allocated in the game as they may not be eligible for clean sheet points.
- Goalkeepers can score a lot when under pressure, so don’t be afraid to use them.
- With each team now allowed five substitutions per game, consider which players are likely to be taken off earlier. Use their 20 minutes in advance.
- Avoid players who collect a lot of yellow cards in the ‘x3’ slot. A foul that attracts a yellow card will score -21 points.
- Do not abandon ! A Perfect Fanslide Goal (PFG) with a hat-trick scorer and a double passer will earn you 80 points.
How to get involved
Still, the best way to learn is to get stuck in a live game. Join the Fantasy Football Scout group on Fanslide by clicking here.
Fanslide is free to play but contains an option for players to deposit and place bets. You must be 18 or over to gamble and if you choose to deposit money and place bets, remember to always gamble responsibly.
GETTING STARTED WITH FANSLIDE
JOIN THE FFSCOUT GROUP ON FANSLIDE
Annual subscriptions and monthly subscriptions are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Chart your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your picks and transfers.
- Access member content in over 250 articles during the season.
- Analyze our OPTA powered stat charts specially designed for Fantasy Football managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to create custom stat tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Take advantage of our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and data on expected goals for each player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze head-to-head players.
ALREADY USER ? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO CREATE A MEMBER ACCOUNT